The City Administrator serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the City and is appointed by the City Council. The City Administrator directs and coordinates all city services provided through various City departments and is responsible for:
- Supervise enforcement and execution of city laws
- Recommend to the City Council the adoption of measures necessary for the health, safety or welfare of the city or for the improvement of administrative services;
- Appoint, with the confirmation of the City Council, and supervise all department heads and the City Clerk;
- Works with the Mayor and City Council to carry out strategic plan objectives and policy objectives of the City;
- Directly oversees economic development and planning activities.
"Matt Brooke was appointed Clinton City Administrator effective January 3rd, 2017. He is an Augustana College '91, Rock Island, IL graduate, a retired US Army Officer Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) 1991-2013 and was Senior Manager, Corporate Services at Renewable Energy Group (REG Inc.) from 2013-2016, has a Masters in Education'05 and a MBA from Iowa State University '16. ".